Pupils feel safe and secure whilst at Ribblesdale and they make new friends very quickly. However, if you feel unsafe or that you might be being bullied you should tell someone at school and they will help you with your problem.
You should report any problems by doing one of the following:
- Tell your Form Tutor
- Tell your Pastoral Coordinator or Year Leader
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write your concern on a piece of paper and put it in the ‘Speak out box’ in Student Services
- Use the ‘report bullying’ button on Moodle
- Visit the ‘Open Door’ peer mentoring base at breaks and lunch.
The Open Door is a selected team of student leaders from Years 10 and 11 that have been professionally trained by the School Counsellor, Mrs Heaton. We are available every lunch time in our office in D Block. The Open Door is a private and confidential drop in facility where trained pupils are happy to help any other pupils who may not feel comfortable talking to a member of staff if they have any issues in or out of school.